My journey along a new garden path has just begun.

Friday, August 4, 2017

After All The Breast Cancer Treatments ... You just keep Pushing On! #22

It's been over 5 months since my last Radiation treatment.  My hair has grown back. Had lost a little weight. I did lose 6 pounds and kept it off. For me, it was a good thing. My skin looks good. My fingernails ... still so, so.  All in all though ... I feel great.
And I'm back doing what I love best! Gardening!  In a way, I can compare myself to my garden.  For the most part, plants will continue to grow... if you take care of them.  

So, I have been busy taking care of me!  I exercise, I am eating better. Lots of fruits, veggies, and water.  I rest when I need to and I sometimes push myself, but not too hard. And I am thriving. 


I've had my 3 and 6 month check-ups with all my doctors... everything OK.  And this month, August 10,  2017, it will be one year since I was first diagnosed with Stage 1 Triple Negative Breast Cancer.  September 12th I will have my one year follow-up mammogram and ultra-sound. On the 19th, I follow up with my oncologist for the test results. 

And you know what?  I have my husband, family, and friends to love and support me. So, I will continue ... PUSHING ON.  Living and Loving my life ....


1 comment:

  1. Dear Janie, I'm so pleased to hear everything is looking good and that you're back in the garden. You're doing all the right things - keep thriving. xx

    ReplyDelete