My journey along a new garden path has just begun.

Friday, December 9, 2016

Had My 4th And Last Chemo Treatment Today ( 18 )

I had my 4th and last Chemo treatment today. Four treatments might not seem like many, but Chemo is extremely tough on the body, mind, and spirit. I can't imagine how some people can endure a year's worth of Chemo. I am so glad it's over. 

At the Cancer Center where I received my treatments, there is a brass bell in the main hallway with a small plaque behind it. Every patient is encouraged to ring the bell 3 times when their Chemo treatments are over signaling the end of that part of their journey. Check out the photo below.


I was never so happy to ring a bell in my entire life! My Chemo has ended, but my journey is not yet over.  In January I will begin 6 weeks of radiation therapy for 5 days a week.  From what I've been told, radiation therapy is a piece of cake by comparison to Chemo. And I am absolutely ready to continue down the road ....

I hope you will join me as I continue the next part of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment