My journey along a new garden path has just begun.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

A Preview Of Chemotherapy ( 8 )


Chemotherapy. That's the next step for me. On Monday  (Sept. 26) I went to the Cancer Center for a brief educational tour of the Infusion center. The wing had a very open floor plan, but still afforded privacy for each patient. Each patient area had a comfortable (treatment) lounge chair, tv, chair for a companion, and access to beverages. My visit (lasting about one hour) was a one on one mini tour with an experienced Infusion floor nurse. She explained procedures to me ... side effects ...  advised me about medications I would be taking during my Chemo treatments, and answered all the questions I had.  She had also given me a packet of literature covering a wide range of information concerning chemotherapy treatment. 

When all is said and done, I left the Cancer Center feeling overwhelmed.  Maybe consumed is a better word. Fear, anger, sadness ...  I knew I would only be going for 4 treatments of chemo ... but that didn't make it any less consuming. Why was this happening to me? was all I could think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment