My journey along a new garden path has just begun.

Monday, September 5, 2016

My Breast Surgery Is In Two Days ( 3 )


It's Monday September 5th, 2016. It also happens to be Labor Day ... the last hurrah to Summer. I'm in a low key, mellow mood. At least I'm trying to be. 

I am having a breast lumpectomy on Wednesday, September 7th.  I've had a few surgeries in my 65 years ... a gallbladder removed in 2008 and a hernia repair in 2010. Yes, women do get hernias. This upcoming surgery though is different. Guess you could say it's more ... personal. More woman defining. 


I'm trying not to dwell on it, but that's easier said than done.  I am not a religious person ... but I am a spiritual person. I trust in a higher power and that gives me ... comfort.  There are many ugly things in this world, but beautiful things far out way the ugly.  A sunrise ... a baby's smile, a flower ...  just to name a few.  I intend to enjoy the lovely things for a long, long time .... 


the sight of a Heavenly Blue Morning Glory to greet me as the day begins



and the image of a White Moon flower to brighten my spirits as the evening sets in.

No comments:

Post a Comment