My journey along a new garden path has just begun.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Chemo Treatment #2 Coming Up & Dealing With My Almost Bald Head ( 13 )

Well, My second Chemo treatment is tomorrow. I'm feeling a bit anxious, but not like the first time. At least I have a better understanding of what happens now. 
As you can see, I've lost most of my hair. My chemo nurse at my last visit told me I would lose most of it by my 2nd visit. Those ladies know their stuff! It was easier for me having to deal with losing my hair because my husband has buzzed it twice so far. Once right before my first Chemo treatment and, again,  about 10 days later.
  It's still coming out. I find it on my head turbans and scarves all the time.

Being almost bald is not a "look" I would want permanently, but there are a lot of interesting results. I actually like to rub the top of my head against the grain of the hair stubble. It feels really weird.  In a good sort of way.

Another odd thing is the cool breeze factor. Whenever I walk down the short narrow hall from my bedroom to the kitchen/living room without a head cover or scarf, I feel this soft rush of cool air flow across my naked head. Feels sort of like gentle blast of air conditioning hitting me right in the noggin.

They probably would deny it, but ...  Bald men must have cold heads. At least in the late fall and winter. Since I've lost most of my hair, my head is cold. A lot. Recently, I bought some 100% cotton turbans.


 They are pull-on, very soft, and great for sleeping in. They  are also great for wearing around the house and also fit well under most winter hats.  And they make great perches for parakeets.

Well, tomorrow my 2nd Chemo Treatment is another big step in My Journey With Breast Cancer. I'm hoping it might be a little easier, but I'm prepared for whatever happens. 


Tonight, we had Chinese take-out for dinner. This was the fortune I took out of my fortune cookie. Very "apropos" don't you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment