My journey along a new garden path has just begun.

Monday, October 17, 2016

From Bread & Water To REAL FOOD ( 11 )



Water and bread (sometimes, crackers) were all I could manage to force down for days following my first Chemo Treatment. 

The smell of food was .... awful.

All I felt like doing was sleeping.  When I wasn't, I would catch bits and pieces of TV shows.  If any kind of food was shown, I rolled over and gazed out the bedroom window instead.  

The days rolled by ... the 2nd, 3rd  ...  and then I began to notice I could tolerate chamomile tea with a bit of honey. Even a piece of toast with a bit of jelly. I also was able to drink water with a few drops of MIO in it. I began to roam a bit around the house and spent less time sleeping. 

Day 7 and 8 arrived before I even realized it.  I was able to eat scrambled eggs, a ham sandwich, and some fruit.  Especially watermelon. 

Now I'm up to day 11 and I can pretty much eat whatever I want now.

Still haven't attempted ... pizza.


No comments:

Post a Comment