My journey along a new garden path has just begun.

Monday, October 17, 2016

My Body And Chemo ( 12 )

 I'm now into day 11 after my 1st Chemo treatment. I feel actually good. I have energy. I am not being diet conscious at all. If I am hungry, I eat ... whatever I want. Today I was out with my hubby and bought a bag of Milano cookies ... always a weakness of mine.  It wasn't this way 11 days ago. I felt ... like I was dying.

I am not going to candy coat it. Chemo is very hard on the body.  I learned that in the first 4-5 days after my chemo. 

I couldn't eat. Had a hard time just getting water down. Everything ... ached. All I wanted to do was ... sleep.  All day. I think I showered once during that time.

I took my nausea medication, Onadestrone, religiously every 8 hours. It helped tremendously. No vomiting, thank God.  I took extra strength Tylenol for body aches when I needed to.  Even my teeth ... hurt.

Then the diarrhea set in.  Maybe it was better than vomiting.  I don't know.  Imodium became my new best friend.  Then things began to change ....

Day 6 was a "D free" day.  I slept less.  I was actually a bit hungry.  I snacked on Ritz crackers topped with a bit of whipped cream cheeze quite often. I was drinking bottles of water. And things continued along on a positive path from then on.

Today, I went for my 10 day past Chemo blood work-up.  You could say, things are looking up.  And they are. But some things are inevitable  ...

My hair (which my hubby had buzzed down for me on October 3rd) ...  is starting to fall out now.



*** Note - Not going for a mani/pedi as I had briefly mentioned above. I deleted the comment.  Will not chance the risk of infection.  ***

No comments:

Post a Comment